My Music



GO UTES!!!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Neon Knights Dance

For those of you who don't know my family (Aunts, cousins, etc)
Let me tell you a little bit about them.
My mom has 3 sisters & 2 brothers so I of course have 5 aunts.
I have a lot of fond memories of these wonderful & crazy ladies.


When I was younger they used to like to make home made scars & cuts to put on us. 
(the kind you make with flour & food coloring & stuff)
The grosser the better for them and we would run around scaring everyone.


I will always have the wonderfully fun memories of them all singing & dancing with hairbrushes, wooden spoons etc. as microphones.
They would always drag us into there little show and we would have a blast dancing around making fools of ourselves. 


I'll always remember sitting around the campfires them all telling us scary stories making us so scared we were crying & not wanting to move to go to the bathroom & our tents at night.
Making us so scared that we didn't want to move once we got into our tents.
We always listened for any little sound even ones that weren't really there thinking the escaped crazy judge, the green eyed cat, or the ghost lady in the long white dress was coming for us.
(Now it's our turn to scare our little ones with the same stories & a few new ones)


I will fondly remember the days of picking on grandpa giving him make overs, curling his hair with the curling irons, putting plastic easter eggs that snap together all over in his hair, and picking on his ears by putting cold med cups on them or the old ponytail things with the balls on the ends around his ears (Poor Grandpa) All instigated by my loving Aunts.


Over the years they have given me so many memories that I could go on forever.
But this weekend they & a lot of my cousins gave me one I won't soon forget & I'm sure will become a tradition on our family camp out.

I didn't take my video camera so I used the video on my actual camera & I was holding Gage at the same time so it's not the greatest but if you want a good laugh you should check these videos out.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.



Aren't they GREAT?
This post is dedicated to my wonderful family all of you and 
ESPECIALLY to my wild, crazy fun loving AUNTS!!!
You have taught us all to be ourselves & have fun!!!
I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!!!!

By the way the reason they're called the Neon Knights is because they performed this dance at night wearing those neon necklaces & bracelets so all you could see was the neon moving.
My cousin got it on her video camera that has night vision so I'm gonna try to get it from her to post.

Oh and on another note of how crazy they are they decided that after they performed it for our family they needed to take the act on the road to the family reunion that was up above our camp.  You gotta Love Em!!!

13 comments:

Heather said...

PB and I are CRACKING up. I said...see what you have to look forward to? I hope our girls pick on him like that when he's old. He totally deserves it. Your aunts look like a blast!

Leeann said...

They sound like absolutely fabulous women! How lucky for you to have them in your lives!

Kellan said...

That sound like wonderful women - so much FUN and so BEAUTIFUL too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my site - so nice to see you. Hope to see you again soon - Kellan

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! What cute ladies they sound like they are so much fun!! It looks like you had a great camping trip!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! What cute ladies they sound like they are so much fun!! It looks like you had a great camping trip!

Anonymous said...

Hey sorry for leaving the same comment twice I cannot figure out how to delete one of them.

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh my gosh, your aunts look FABULOUS. Wish I had not just one but FIVE aunts like that!

Aunt Julie said...

Hey there, SITSta--you've got some pretty zaney pals here. They look like a lot of fun! Please come on over to my blog, and join our Oprah E-mail Campaign. While you're there, enter the Great Pop'rs Giveaway. Hope to see ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what beautiful FUN ladies! You are very lucky to have a close family like that! Love that dance...that was great!

John Deere Mom said...

You have such a fun family! That's awesome!

Tausha said...

isn't it great to have such a wonderful family!!
Love the new blog look. I am sure its not that new to you, but its new to me. I am sorry I haven't been around for a visit. Forgive me! I will be back and keep up on keeping up!
Have a great day!
We still need to get together with Bonnie and go to lunch.
Maybe when school starts. I am going out of town for a week and I know that she is a little overwhelmed right now!! Lets plan it!!

Dirty White boy said...

Home made fake scars? Seriously? THATS the way girls do it?
Hm...all I did to get mine was, get bit by a snake, an alligator gar, stabbed by my brother, jump off the roof, jump off a moving train, jeeze there is so much more. I think my favorite scar was my 'dukes of hazzard' scar which i got on my big wheel down a steep hill in san fran when i was a kid. I had a wreck and my leg was bleeding like crazy, but i beat my older brother down the hill, so all was good.

Miller's said...

That was serioulsy so funny, you should try and get the night vision video of the actual performance. Those video's don't even do it justice! The best was my mom and Aunt Jean, they were hilarious and they were really trying. They are too funny. It was such a fun weekend, I already can't wait until next year.

My Favorite 5

My Favorite 5

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map